Tuesday 23 November 2010

My dinner last night, and my lunch today :-)





I have been making these tray bakes for the last few weeks and they are a really quick and easy dinner.  This was the first time I used chicken as I usually make it with salmon (both work well).  I was inspired by Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals for this one (I'm not ashamed).  Roasting the tomatoes in the dish is inspired as it makes a beautiful sweet sauce (in the tray I have chicken, asparagus, tomatoes, lemon, half a chilli, grated garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil). The pesto is basil, parsley, garlic, anchovies, capers, parmesan, lemon and olive oil all blitzed up.  It would have been better if I had a handful of toasted pine nuts...next time maybe.






 With the leftover pesto from last night I griddled some aubergine slices and layered them in a small baking tin with the pesto and some parmesan .  After this picture was taken I put the tray in the grill for 5 minutes, when it came out it looked far to good for me to even think about taking a picture of it and I just ate it from the tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment